Virtuous desserts are in high demand these days, folks. Sugar, increasingly portrayed as the satanic bearer of everything that ails us, from premature aging to cancer, is on the outs while an intriguing variety of alternative (read: “hip”) sweeteners have descended upon your organic food aisle. This does not mean that we will collectively shun the sweet stuff, the one taste that humans are born craving, oh no, how could we deny an evolutionary impulse so strong that it has the power to cause even the most devout kale crunchers to polish off a pint of Ben & Jerry’s in one go? Rather than deny an evolutionary impulse, suffice to say I’m more than willing to try a few alternatives.
- Hey there! My name is Emily Todd and this is my space to ramble on about my one true bliss - cooking. I've recently become a bit of a farmer's market addict and focus primarily on seasonal, natural foods, not just because I feel good eating them, but also because they taste amazing. But don't worry - I still insist on eating dessert each and every night.
Emily Todd is a habitually hungry marketer, restaurant fiend and recovering model based out of New York, NY.
Search Recipe Archives
IngredientsAgave nectar Almonds Appetizers Arugula Avocado Baked Goods Barley Beet Greens Beets Bell Pepper Black Beans Blueberries Breakfast Butternut Squash Cannellini Beans Carrots Carrot Soup Cauliflower Chard Cherries Chicago Chicken Chickpeas Chile Chile peppers Chocolate Cilantro Coconut Coconut milk Coconut oil Cookies Curry Eggplant Eggs Escarole Flax Seed Ginger Gluten-free recipes Goat Cheese Grains Honey Italian Kale Lemon Lemongrass Lentils Lime maple syrup Mexican Moroccan Muffins Mushrooms Nutmeg Pasta peanut butter Peas Potatoes Pumpkin Quinoa Raw Honey Sage Scones Soups Spinach Summer Super Natural Everyday recipes Sweet Potatoes thyme Tomatoes Udon Vegan Vegetarian Walnuts Whole Wheat zucchini
Words of Wisdom
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are."
-Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"A man seldom thinks with more earnestness of anything than he does of his dinner."
“When I am in trouble, eating is the only thing that consoles me. . . . At the present moment I am eating muffins because I am unhappy. Besides, I am particularly fond of muffins.”
1. According to habit or custom
2. In an inveterate or compulsive manner
3. In a chronic, constant, continual or everlasting manner
1. Showing hunger or a craving desire; voracious
2. Feeling hunger; having a keen appetite; feeling uneasiness or distress from want of food; hence, having an eager desire
3. Extremely desirous; avid