Haven’t you heard? Gluten-free is so hot right now. No, I am not gluten-free. I’m just not hip enough to align myself with Victoria Beckham, Zooey Deschanel, Rachel Weisz, and a whole host of Hollywood glitterati. Rather, I got a whole lotta love for coconut and alternative flours of all-stars and stripes (thank you, Kim Boyce!) My coconut lovin’ kicked into overdrive after a family vacation to sunny Puerto Rico, where coconut is practically the national emblem. Street vendors sell endless varieties of shockingly sweet coconut candies while coconut water, the health craze du jour of the moment, is readily available on most street corners where it is epically served to you by a man with a machete, who lobs off the top of a coconut for you, jams a straw through its spongy flesh, and hands you what must be a gallon of coconut water for a mere dollar or so.
- Hey there! My name is Emily Todd and this is my space to ramble on about my one true bliss - cooking. I've recently become a bit of a farmer's market addict and focus primarily on seasonal, natural foods, not just because I feel good eating them, but also because they taste amazing. But don't worry - I still insist on eating dessert each and every night.
Emily Todd is a habitually hungry marketer, restaurant fiend and recovering model based out of New York, NY.
Search Recipe Archives
IngredientsAgave nectar Almonds Appetizers Arugula Avocado Baked Goods Barley Beet Greens Beets Bell Pepper Black Beans Blueberries Breakfast Butternut Squash Cannellini Beans Carrots Carrot Soup Cauliflower Chard Cherries Chicago Chicken Chickpeas Chile Chile peppers Chocolate Cilantro Coconut Coconut milk Coconut oil Cookies Curry Eggplant Eggs Escarole Flax Seed Ginger Gluten-free recipes Goat Cheese Grains Honey Italian Kale Lemon Lemongrass Lentils Lime maple syrup Mexican Moroccan Muffins Mushrooms Nutmeg Pasta peanut butter Peas Potatoes Pumpkin Quinoa Raw Honey Sage Scones Soups Spinach Summer Super Natural Everyday recipes Sweet Potatoes thyme Tomatoes Udon Vegan Vegetarian Walnuts Whole Wheat zucchini
Words of Wisdom
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are."
-Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"A man seldom thinks with more earnestness of anything than he does of his dinner."
“When I am in trouble, eating is the only thing that consoles me. . . . At the present moment I am eating muffins because I am unhappy. Besides, I am particularly fond of muffins.”
1. According to habit or custom
2. In an inveterate or compulsive manner
3. In a chronic, constant, continual or everlasting manner
1. Showing hunger or a craving desire; voracious
2. Feeling hunger; having a keen appetite; feeling uneasiness or distress from want of food; hence, having an eager desire
3. Extremely desirous; avid