I am easily excitable when it comes to food. In other aspects of my life as well, passion is my North Star. When something just feels right, I tend to try and steer my ship in that general direction. It’s a magnetic pull, really. Things could be no other way than what they are. Now we arrive at the ever-elusive point: the hummus. Not your traditional hummus, oh no, this is a special sort of hummus. It is intoxicating and rich and downright wonderful, something that you’ll want to make over and over again on those days that things just aren’t going your way and you’d just kill for an ingestible that won’t make your stomach swell to the point of no return.
- Hey there! My name is Emily Todd and this is my space to ramble on about my one true bliss - cooking. I've recently become a bit of a farmer's market addict and focus primarily on seasonal, natural foods, not just because I feel good eating them, but also because they taste amazing. But don't worry - I still insist on eating dessert each and every night.
Emily Todd is a habitually hungry marketer, restaurant fiend and recovering model based out of Chicago, IL.
Search Recipe Archives
IngredientsAgave nectar Baked Goods Barley Beets Bell Pepper Blueberries Cannellini Beans Carrots Cauliflower Cherries Chicken Chickpeas Chile Chocolate Cilantro Coconut Coconut milk Coconut oil Cookies Curry Goat Cheese Grains Italian Kale Lemon Lentils Lime Mexican Moroccan Muffins Peas Potatoes Quinoa Raw Honey Sage Scones Soups Spinach Sweet Potatoes thyme Tomatoes Vegetarian Walnuts Whole Wheat zucchini
Words of Wisdom
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are."
-Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"A man seldom thinks with more earnestness of anything than he does of his dinner."
“When I am in trouble, eating is the only thing that consoles me. . . . At the present moment I am eating muffins because I am unhappy. Besides, I am particularly fond of muffins.”
1. According to habit or custom
2. In an inveterate or compulsive manner
3. In a chronic, constant, continual or everlasting manner
1. Showing hunger or a craving desire; voracious
2. Feeling hunger; having a keen appetite; feeling uneasiness or distress from want of food; hence, having an eager desire
3. Extremely desirous; avid