These are interesting. In a pleasantly anomalous way. When I think of coconut pancakes, I think of something sickly sweet. Something served on a cruise ship or at a really mortifying resort in Cancun. Negative connotations aside, these are substantial and hearty, humbly anchored in whole wheat flour, enlivened by the addition of nutmeg and allspice, and lightened by the presence of coconut milk and a delectable fruit compote. Consider them an eclectic way to sublimate your cravings for a syrupy stack of buttermilk pancakes into a veritable health food.
- Hey there! My name is Emily Todd and this is my space to ramble on about my one true bliss - cooking. I've recently become a bit of a farmer's market addict and focus primarily on seasonal, natural foods, not just because I feel good eating them, but also because they taste amazing. But don't worry - I still insist on eating dessert each and every night.
Emily Todd is a habitually hungry marketer, restaurant fiend and recovering model based out of Chicago, IL.
Search Recipe Archives
IngredientsAgave nectar Baked Goods Barley Beets Bell Pepper Blueberries Cannellini Beans Carrots Cauliflower Cherries Chicken Chickpeas Chile Chocolate Cilantro Coconut Coconut milk Coconut oil Cookies Curry Goat Cheese Grains Italian Kale Lemon Lentils Lime Mexican Moroccan Muffins Peas Potatoes Quinoa Raw Honey Sage Scones Soups Spinach Sweet Potatoes thyme Tomatoes Vegetarian Walnuts Whole Wheat zucchini
Words of Wisdom
"Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are."
-Jean Anthelme Brillat-Savarin
"A man seldom thinks with more earnestness of anything than he does of his dinner."
“When I am in trouble, eating is the only thing that consoles me. . . . At the present moment I am eating muffins because I am unhappy. Besides, I am particularly fond of muffins.”
1. According to habit or custom
2. In an inveterate or compulsive manner
3. In a chronic, constant, continual or everlasting manner
1. Showing hunger or a craving desire; voracious
2. Feeling hunger; having a keen appetite; feeling uneasiness or distress from want of food; hence, having an eager desire
3. Extremely desirous; avid